When it comes to breakfast, tacos might not be the first thing that comes to mind. Not only is it a delicious way to start your day, but it’s also packed with protein and healthy fats to keep you satisfied until lunchtime.
This is one of my go-to, hormone + blood sugar balancing breakfast dishes. Plus, it’s easy to customize with your favorite toppings.
Eating a breakfast that is balanced with healthy fats and protein is crucial for several reasons. First and foremost, a balanced breakfast provides your body with the energy it needs to start the day. Protein and healthy fats are slow-burning fuel sources that keep you feeling full and energized for longer periods of time.
Additionally, a breakfast that is high in protein and healthy fats can help to regulate blood sugar levels, preventing the mid-morning crash that often accompanies a high-carbohydrate breakfast. This can also help to reduce cravings for sugary snacks and other unhealthy foods throughout the day.
How to Make Grain-Free Breakfast Taco
First, cook four pieces of bacon over medium heat.
Instead of discarding the bacon grease, use it to fry the tortillas in. My personal favorite are Siete tortillas. If you don’t have access to Siete tortillas, don’t worry! You can substitute them with any other tortilla or try my easy cassava flour tortilla recipe.
On medium heat, place the tortillas and cheese in the skillet and fold them over with a spatula.
Fry the tortillas until they’re golden brown, then immediately open them up before they cool down.
Drain the extra bacon grease and add a little butter to the pan for frying your eggs. For two breakfast tacos, scramble three eggs directly in the pan.
Add a quarter of a mashed avocado to each taco. Optional: Add some Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo for a kick of tanginess.
Add the bacon and eggs, fold up the tacos, and enjoy!
Breakfast Taco Recipe – Grain Free + High Protein
- 2 Grain-Free Tortillas I LOVE Siete Brand
- 3 Pasture-Raised Eggs
- 4 Slices Bacon
- 1 tbsp butter (Optional)
- 1/2 Avocado Mashed
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese
- Fry up bacon in a pan on medium until fully cooked and then set aside for later.
- Keep the pan on medium and place the tortillas into the pan.
- Add cheese to one side of the tortilla and enclose the tortilla. Fry until golden brown
- Remove tortillas and immediately open them so that they don't stick together once you add the other ingredients. Set them aside.
- Remove a bulk of the bacon grease and add 1 tbsp. of butter to the pan.
- Crack 3 eggs and scramble them on medium until done. Remove from heat.
- Mash 1/2 avocado and spread between the two tortillas.
- (Optional) Spread about 1 tbsp. of Primal Kitchen's Chipotle Mayo on the tortillas
- Place cooked eggs and bacon on top and serve!